What is Physical Therapy at Global Pain & Spine Clinic?
Physical Therapy is a type of rehabilitative treatment aimed at helping patients restore, recover, maintain, or improve their physical functionality. Our physical therapists have experience working with a wide variety of patients whose movement has been affected by aging, disease, environmental factors, or who have been injured on the job, playing sports, or in automobile accidents. Not only do we use traditional strength exercises, but we combine them with one-on-one manual therapy in our state of the art facility.
Our therapists believe in addressing the root causes instead of just treating the symptoms, and we begin with a comprehensive analysis of our patients’ unique body mechanics to find the source of the problem. In addition to traditional strengthening exercises, our use of manual therapy sets us apart from the rest, as does our one-on-one treatment that well exceeds the industry standards of time spent with each patient!
Global Pain & Spine Clinic Treatment Plan
At Global, we take a unique, dual-approach to physical rehabilitation. We combine strength and mobility exercises with one-on-one, individually selected manual therapy. Manual therapy has proven to be extremely effective for all of our patients, across a wide variety of disorders, and is key to successful recovery and patient satisfaction. There are no exercises, machines, or equipment that could substitute the healing hands of our therapists. We can find and feel the joints and the muscles, and work on the source of the problem.
Working with you, the personalized physical therapy regimen we develop to specifically address your needs reduces pain and increases your range of motion, strength and mobility. We surpass the amount of individualized attention and support standard to physical therapy, providing you with the care you really need as you progress through our strength exercise program.During each one-on-one treatment session, we correct and adjust the treatment program to match your progress, and the subtle muscular improvements taking place. We also provide a home exercise program to speed up your recovery time and ensure that the healing is long lasting.
It is important to start treatment early. If you experience medical conditions caused by aging, environmental factors, and disease, or have been in an automobile accident, sports or work related injury, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. If this is your first visit, please visit our new patient center for information.
About our Facilities at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
Situated in our 10,000 square foot modern, spacious facility, our unique and modern equipment enhances our patient experience, and helps target specific conditions. For example, our clinical Pilates reformer table is amazing for strengthening and stretching exercises.
All of our manual therapies take place in one of our 9 special, cozy, and tranquil treatment rooms, adjacent to our modern exercise floor. These peaceful rooms allow our patients and their muscles to relax, as our one-on-one therapies facilitate your successful recovery.
What conditions are treated effectively with Physical Therapy at Global Pain & Spine Clinic?
Our Therapists specialize and continue to learn different manual techniques, providing us with many tools. If one approach does not work, we try another until we get the right results!
Our Physical Therapists effectively treat these medical conditions:
- Back Pain is described as pain or discomfort felt in the upper, middle or lower back, or by those who suffer from it, as one of the most agonizing experiences they have ever had. Because the back is central to our mobility, those who suffer from back pain are often immobilized, or greatly affected in everything they do because of the pain. Our manual and physical therapists work with you to create an individualized strengthening program to ensure that the vertebrae are properly aligned and held in place to prevent future recurrence of injury and pain. Our talented team helps you to quickly return to the many activities you enjoy! Oftentimes, back pain is muscle related, and can be easily and quickly corrected. On average, in only 2-3 sessions our patients recover and receive the education they need to keep their muscles in good form and prevent future injury.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition that causes pain, numbness, and tingling in the fingers or hands, particularly the thumb, index, middle, or ring fingers. Our physical therapists can help to strengthen injured muscles leading to increased range of motion, reduced pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Disc Degeneration disturbs the mechanics of the spine, disrupting natural motion and shock absorption. Our physical therapists have had great success in increasing range of motion, reducing inflammation and providing pain relief for patients suffering from disc degeneration. We begin by creating a unique and personalized treatment plan using a combination of physical and manual therapies.
- Elbow Pain may be caused by overuse, arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, nerve damage, injury, infection or tumor. Our physical therapists use exercises designed to stretch the affected muscles and tendons to relieve your pain, achieve a full range of motion, and increase your strength and flexibility.
- Fibromyalgia Pain and stiffness can be relieved through physical therapy treatments that build strength and improve range of motion. Our experienced physical therapists help you to achieve proper posture, which allows your muscles to function efficiently, and results in less fatigue and pain.We also use stretching exercises, which help improve muscle flexibility, and relaxation exercises, which help to reduce muscle tension.
- Herniated Disc and the associated pain are caused by a slight, temporary displacement injury to the spinal nerve. Our physical and manual therapists help reduce the swelling of the inflamed disc, which in turn decreases your pain! We quickly help you restore your range of motion, and increase flexibility and strength to prevent future recurrence.
- Hip Pain can arise from illnesses such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, viral or bacterial infections, or from overuse, all of which can contribute to inflamed tissues in and around the hip causing pain. Our physical therapists use exercises for stretching and strengthening, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, joint mobilization, bracing or assistive devices to help reduce pain and inflammation, and increase mobility, flexibility and hip strength.
- Knee Pain may be caused by conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, ligament instability or an accident. Whether your knee pain is chronic or acute, or as the result of a sprain/strain injury, our physical therapists have had great success with treating knee conditions. We create a customized plan to reduce your pain, and to help you regain your strength and mobility.
- Neck Pain can originate from disorders and diseases of the neck tissue, such as degenerative disc disease, neck strain, whiplash, a herniated disc, or a pinched nerve. We specialize in neck pain, here at Global, providing you with a unique and extremely effective dual-approach. We use both physical and manual therapy to quickly reduce your pain! We begin with deep tissue manual therapy, hot and cold therapies, traction, and ultrasound, coupled with exercises to increase flexibility, strength, stability and range of motion. Our talented team helps you to quickly return to the many activities you enjoy. Oftentimes, neck pain is muscle related, and can be easily and quickly corrected. On average, in only 2-3 sessions our patients recover and receive the education they need to keep their muscles in good form and prevent further injury.
- Neuropathy usually causes pain and numbness in the hands and feet. Our physical and manual therapists provide exceptional treatments that restore normal blood circulation to the hands and feet, reduce inflammation, reduce pain and restore range of movement in patients. We help patients return to their daily activities!
- Osteoporosis is a disease that causes bones to weaken, become brittle and more easily breakable. Our physical therapists have treated many patients with osteoporosis, and have helped them improve posture and taught them exercises to strengthen the back and abdominal muscles without injuring their weakened spine. Through our care, our patients were pleased by how much they improved!
- Sciatica is caused by irritation to one of the large nerves in the legs and thighs. Sciatica can be very painful, especially around the hip and thigh region. At Global, our physical therapists successfully reduce inflammation through hot and cold therapies, manual manipulation, and exercise routines aimed toward increasing strength and stability. Patients tell us they feel stronger, have regained full functionality, and finally have relief from their pain.
- Shoulder Pain may be felt in the neck and down the arm in addition to the shoulder. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint, making it more prone to painful injury that can limit mobility. Physical Therapy is an important and highly effective aspect of treatment for shoulder pain. Our physical therapists help our patients regain strength and mobility, enabling them to return to pre-injury levels of activity.
- Spinal Stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal and/or the areas surrounding the spinal nerves, resulting in inflammation and pain. Our physical and manual therapists help realign the canal, which alleviates pressure and pain. We combine this with therapeutic exercises and education about lifestyle recommendations to protect against further injury. Your individualized treatment plan will have you feeling better in no time.
- Spondylolisthesis is a medical condition wherein one of the vertebrae of the spine shifts forward or backward onto the bone below it causing pain and impeding range of motion. Our physical therapists are able to increase your range of motion, and reduce the inflammation and pain associated with spondylolisthesis, using a combination or treatments specifically designed for you!
- Wrist Pain may result from damage to any of the parts of your wrist, and the associated pain can affect your ability to use your wrist and hand. Our physical therapists focus on reducing inflammation and increasing blood flow, immobilization therapy, ultrasound therapy and exercises to strengthen the injured area. We couple this with manual therapy, a dual-approach we’ve found to be extremely effective in treating wrist pain!
Physical Therapy for Auto Accident Injury, Sports Injury & Work Injury at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Auto Accident Injury – Patients recovering from an auto accident injury greatly benefit from physical therapy. We use therapeutic exercises help to restore balance, strength, and range of motion. Equipment such as a vibration plate, recumbent bikes, graduated dumbbells and/or elliptical machine are very effective in helping our patients return to pre-injury status, and are just some of the unique aides we have in our state of the art facility!
- Sports Injuries – Sports injuries are not uncommon and can be either acute (sprains, fractures, tears, etc.) or chronic (tendinitis, overuse, etc.).Our physical therapists are experts in using strength and stretching exercises to restore range of motion with joints and flexibility of muscles.
- Work Injury – If you are injured at work, come see us at Global Pain & Spine Clinic. We have been successfully treating Workman’s Compensation cases and we are an approved Workman’s Compensation provider. Our physical therapist will create a treatment plan that is custom-designed to treat your condition and circumstances, and we will help ensure that you receive proper compensation by working with legal and financial representatives on your behalf. Specific exercise and training similar to your on the job activities may be incorporated.