Pain management at Global Pain & Spine Clinic involves the use of safe and thoroughly tested medications, injections, and vitamin therapies in combination with natural treatments such as physical therapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic care. The goal of pain management is to reduce discomfort so that the patient can get back to doing the normal activities of daily life, and make it easier for them to recover from their injury or condition. Though we prefer to use natural treatment methods whenever possible, medications and interventional pain management can be useful when treating extreme pain.
- Global Pain & Spine Clinic’s pain management clinicians customize your treatment program to your specific symptoms and needs
- We use a multi-disciplinary approach to provide relief and keep you from becoming heavily dependent upon medication
- We monitor your progress so that we can modify your treatment plan when necessary, with your consent
- We can provide treatment that uses homeopathic remedies in addition to conventional medications
- Our pain management doctor is double board certified in both pain management and physiatry, a branch of medicine that focuses on enhancing and restoring functional ability
Global Pain & Spine Clinic Treatment Plan
We typically practice a conservative form of pain therapy that focuses on natural treatments such as physical therapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic care. Medications and injections are usually only recommended in cases of patients with extreme, excruciating pain. During your initial consultation, a physician will describe your pain management options and both the risks and benefits of medication and injections. Patients have a significant role in determining the course of their treatment and selecting which methods are ultimately used.
If you and your doctor decide to utilize medications, there are several pain management options. One is interventional pain management, which involves the use of injected drugs such as cortisone and steroids to decrease inflammation. Natural interventional pain management is also available, and uses vitamins such as B-12 and homeopathic treatments instead of medications. These are used to encourage your body to heal itself naturally.
Our medications and natural remedies are highly effective at eliminating pain to make recovery from your injury as easy as possible, without making you dependent on them. It is important to start treatment early. If you suffer from a painful medical condition or have suffered an injury in an auto accident, sports or work injury, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. Please visit our new patient center for information on your first visit.
What conditions are treated effectively with Pain Management at Global Pain & Spine Clinic?
We use medications, vitamins, and homeopathic remedies to effectively treat these medical conditions:
- Ankle Pain is a dull or piercing ache on the side of the ankle. NSAIDs and interventional pain management are often recommended to eliminate ankle pain.
- Back Pain is described as pain or discomfort felt in the upper, middle or lower back. Because the back is central to our mobility, those who suffer from back pain are often immobilized, or greatly affected in everything they do because of the pain. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications (or NSAIDs), cortisone injections, or prescriptions can be used to relieve back pain.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition that causes pain, numbness, and tingling in the fingers or hands, particularly the thumb, index, middle, or ring fingers. Cortisone, steroids, and other medications can lessen pain and reduce inflammation, while vitamins can be used to promote healing.
- Disc Degeneration disturbs the mechanics of the spine, disrupting natural motion and shock absorption. NSAIDs, interventional pain management, and nutritional counseling are useful for correcting problems caused by disc degeneration.
- Elbow Pain may be caused by overuse, arthritis, bursitis Viagra 100mg, tendinitis, nerve damage, injury, infection or tumor. The medications and natural techniques we use are very effective when treating elbow pain.
- Fibromyalgia causes great pain throughout your body. Interventional pain management such as trigger point injection therapy can greatly reduce the extreme pain of fibromyalgia.
- Herniated Disc and the associated pain are caused by a slight, temporary displacement injury to the spinal nerve. The inflammation and pain of this injury can be lessened with NSAIDs and cortisone injections, in addition to other therapies.
- Hip Pain can arise from illnesses such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, viral or bacterial infections, or from overuse, all of which can contribute to inflamed tissues in and around the hip causing pain. Pain and inflammation can be reduced with NSAIDs and interventional treatments such as bursa injections.
- Knee Pain may be caused by conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, ligament instability or an accident. Injections of cortisone or Hyalgan, in combination with vitamins or other medications, are very effective when treating knee pain.
- Neck Pain can originate from disorders and diseases of the neck tissue, such as degenerative disc disease, neck strain, whiplash, a herniated disc, or a pinched nerve. Vitamin treatments, NSAIDs, and other treatments work very well to lessen pain in the neck.
- Neuropathy usually causes pain and numbness in the hands and feet. We offer specialized treatments for neuropathy including peripheral nerve blocks using vitamin complexes and anesthetic compounds, as well as anticonvulsants, topical medications, and nutritional supplements.
- Osteoporosis is a disease that causes bones to weaken, become brittle and more easily breakable. NSAIDs, steroid injections, and vitamin treatments work very well to reduce pain as you work toward developing healthier bones.
- Sciatica is caused by irritation to one of the large nerves in the legs and thighs. Sciatica can be very painful, especially around the hip and thigh region. Anti-inflammatory medications such as NSAIDs are very useful for reducing this pain.
- Shoulder Pain may be felt in the neck and down the arm in addition to the shoulder. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint, making it more prone to painful injury that can limit mobility. NSAIDS, cortisone, and other treatments help to mitigate pain in the shoulder.
- Spinal Stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal and/or the areas surrounding the spinal nerves, resulting in inflammation and pain. NSAIDs and other treatments can be used to treat inflammation and pain caused by this troubling condition.
- Spondylolisthesis is a medical condition wherein one of the vertebrae of the spine shifts forward or backward onto the bone below it causing pain and impeding range of motion. This pain can be effectively treated with the use of medications such as NSAIDs and muscle relaxants.
- Wrist Pain may result from damage to any of the parts of your wrist, and the associated pain can affect your ability to use your wrist and hand. NSAIDs, cortisone injections, natural vitamins and homeopathic treatments can all be used to drastically reduce wrist pain.
Pain Management for Auto Accident Injury, Sports Injury & Work Injury at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Auto Accident Injury – Patients recovering from an auto accident injury greatly benefit from the use of medications, interventional treatment, and vitamins.
- Sports Injuries – Sports injuries are not uncommon and can be either acute (sprains, fractures, tears, etc.) or chronic (tendinitis, overuse, etc.). Pain management techniques such as medications and natural therapies are very useful throughout the treatment process.
- Work Injury – If you are injured at work, come see us at Global Pain & Spine Clinic. We successfully treat work injuries and are an approved Workman’s Compensation provider. Safe and effective medications and natural methods of pain management are helpful for minimizing pain as you recover.