What is Osteoarthritis?
Chances are that when you think about arthritis, you’re actually thinking of osteoarthritis, the most common type. Age, overuse and injury cause degradation of the joints and create sharp, cutting pain in your neck, back, knee, shoulder, or other areas. The adept and dedicated health care providers at Global Pain & Spine Clinic will develop a natural treatment plan custom-tailored to your particular arthritic condition.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis
Global Pain & Spine Clinic is skilled in treating the symptoms of osteoarthritis, both mild and severe.
- Burning or sharp joint pain
- Joint stiffness, weakness, or swelling
- Deformed joints
- Reduced range of motion and loss of use of the joint
- Joint cracking and creaking
If you are unsure if you suffer from osteoarthritis, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. It is important to start treatment early.
Osteoarthritis Treatment Methods at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Osteoarthritis – We offer a wide range of physical therapy treatments for osteoarthritis problems. The purpose of physical therapy is to relieve pain, accelerate the natural healing process, and increase the strength and flexibility of muscles and ligaments.
- Flexibility and Strengthening Exercise Programs – These types of programs are important to keep the muscles flexible and strong, and to improve joint mobility. It is important to begin slowly and progress as tolerated, using pain as your guide.
- Manual Therapy – A variety of soft tissue mobilization techniques are being used more often by therapists who kristen stewart pokies specialize in manual therapy. These techniques may be helpful to increase circulation to the area, release muscle spasms, and stretch tissues.
- Electrical Nerve Stimulation – This includes transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS). Electrodes are placed on the affected area to gently stimulate nerves and help alleviate pain.
- Ultrasound – High-frequency sound waves are used to create heat deep in the muscle tissue, alleviating pain and reducing the swelling in joints.
- Medications, Injections and Vitamin Treatments for Osteoarthritis – Anti-inflammatory and steroid injections can be used to treat inflammation and reduce pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication – Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications, commonly referred to as NSAIDs, are some of the most commonly prescribed medications to alleviate pain and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin Treatments – With natural interventional pain management, the patient is treated using vitamins such as B-12 to naturally stimulate the body’s own healing process.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Osteoarthritis – Acupuncture involves the placement of hair-thin needles into your skin at specific places on your body. We utilize acupuncture as a natural and very effective pain management resource. Acupuncture in combination with electrical stimulation or cold laser therapy helps to increase healthy blood flow, reduce pain and inflammation, and promote healing.
- Chiropractic Care for Osteoarthritis – Chiropractic treatments are fantastic for reducing arthritic joint pain. Our chiropractor has extensively studied techniques to minimize and eliminate the effects of osteoarthritis.
We work to drastically improve the joint health and mobility of our patients so they can return to doing the things they love!