What is Neuropathy?
Neuropathy is a life-altering condition caused by damage to the nerves outside of the brain and spinal cord, which can create a variety of discomforting symptoms. The source of this problem is frequently diabetes.
At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, we provide a revolutionary treatment that can help to successfully awaken âsleeping nervesâ and restore them to their normal function! We create a customized treatment plan for you, ensuring that you experience the best possible care for the unique ways in which you are affected by neuropathy.
Symptoms of Neuropathy
We effectively treat the following symptoms of neuropathy:
- Inability to sleep, drive, use hands, or stand and walk due to poor balance
- Pain, numbness, and tingling in the hands or feet
- Muscle weakness in the arms or legs
It is important to start treatment early. If you are unsure if you suffer from neuropathy, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor.
Neuropathy Treatment Methods at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Neuropathy â Physical therapy is a very effective treatment aimed at helping patients restore, recover, maintain, or improve their physical functionality.
- Flexibility and Strengthening Exercise Programs – We begin with gentle stretching to relieve muscle pain and tightness. We then gradually move from very light movements to more advanced exercises that strengthen the muscles and produce long lasting benefits.
- Manual Therapy â Our skillful manual therapists use a variety of soft tissue mobilization techniques to help increase circulation to the area, release muscle spasms, and stretch soft tissues.
- Electrical Nerve Stimulation â This includes transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS). Electrodes are placed on the affected area to gently stimulate nerves and help alleviate pain.
- Ultrasound â High-frequency sound waves are used to create heat deep in the muscle tissue, alleviating pain and reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Medications and Injections for Treatment of Neuropathy â We provide unique and revolutionary treatment for neuropathy that helps to awaken sleeping nerves and can restore their normal function! We apply peripheral nerve blocks using vitamin complexes and anesthetic compounds. After the injection, we apply electrical stimulation for greater results.
- Anticonvulsants â We use these medications to block calcium channels used by neurons in order to greatly reduce pain.
- Topical Medications â We use medications such as lidocaine and capsaicin to provide our patients with immediate relief from pain.
- Nutritional Supplements â We use safe and natural supplements such as B12 vitamins, glucosamine, and omega 3 to support the body in its own natural healing process.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Neuropathy â Acupuncture involves the placement of hair-thin needles into your skin at specific places on your body where blockages along energy pathways, called meridians, are causing pain. We utilize acupuncture as a natural and very effective pain management resource. Acupuncture in combination with electrical stimulation or cold laser therapy helps to increase healthy blood flow, reduce pain and inflammation and promote healing.
We provide our patients suffering from neuropathy with the best care available, including our revolutionary treatment to awaken and restore normal nerve functioning!