Symptoms of Neck Pain
Patients with neck pain may experience sharp or dull pain, a burning sensation, or shock-like or stabbing pains in the neck. Neck pain can lead to:
- Stiff neck
- Loss of range of neck motion
- Numbness and tingling in the neck and hands
- Difficulty swallowing
- Pulsations, dizziness or lightheadedness
- Gland swelling
If you suffer from neck pain, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. It is important to start treatment early.
Neck Pain Treatment Methods at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Neck Pain – In order to restore normal range of motion and build muscle strength and endurance, exercises such as stretching, strengthening and increasing your endurance are vital to your recovery.
- Flexibility and Strengthening Exercise Programs – These types of programs are important to keep the neck muscles flexible and strong. They are among the main safeguards to prevent future neck injuries. It is important to begin slowly and progress as tolerated, using pain as your guide.
- Joint Mobilization and Manual Therapy – A variety of soft tissue mobilization techniques are being used more often by therapists who specialize in manual therapy. These techniques may be helpful to increase circulation to the area, release muscle spasms, and stretch back tissues.
- Electrical Nerve Stimulation – This includes transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS). Electrodes are placed on the back to gently stimulate nerves and help alleviate pain.
- Medications, Injections and Vitamin Treatment for Neck Pain – Medications can be used to treat inflammation, combined with natural vitamins to naturally stimulate the body’s own healing process.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication – Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications, commonly referred to as NSAIDs, are some of the most commonly prescribed medications to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin Treatments – With natural interventional pain management, the patient is treated using vitamins such as B-12 to naturally stimulate the body’s own healing process.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Neck Pain – Acupuncture involves the placement of hair-thin needles into your skin at specific places on your body. We utilize acupuncture as natural and very effective pain management resource. Acupuncture, in combination with electrical stimulation or cold laser therapy, helps to increase healthy blood flow, reduce pain and inflammation, and promote healing.
- Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain – Chiropractic care makes use of a hands-on approach to the healing of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system. When chiropractic adjustments are used to correct neck problems, they’re known as cervical manipulation. Our skilled chiropractic expert eliminates neck pain by relaxing muscles and carefully loosening joints in your neck.
We work to make sure that our patients have full range of motion of their neck to perform their daily activities pain free!