Symptoms of Hip Pain
Most often pain is felt in the front of the hip, but the joint is three-dimensional. Pain may be also felt along the outside part of the hip, the middle of the thigh, in the groin or even in the buttock area. We effectively treat the following symptoms:
- Inability to walk comfortably on the affected side
- Injury that causes deformity around the joint
- Hip pain that occurs at night or while resting
- Hip pain that persists beyond a few days
- Inability to bend the hip
- Swelling of the hip or the thigh area
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth
If you suffer from hip pain, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. It is important to start treatment early.
Hip Pain Treatment Methods at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Hip Pain – Global Pain & Spine Clinic’s physical therapy is essential to the treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention of many of the conditions that affect the hip and its surrounding supporting structures. Physical therapy of the hip may include any or all of the following:
- Muscle Toning Exercises – Muscle toning exercises are typically recommended when de-conditioning has occurred as a result of prolonged bed rest, cast immobilization, or lengthy inactivity. Toning exercises should always be preceded by stretching exercises.
- Manual Therapy – A variety of soft tissue mobilization techniques can improve the flexibility and reduce pain and inflammation of the hip joint.
- Heat – Applying heat helps to prepare the tissues for stretching.
- Ultrasound – Ultrasound treatments may be prescribed for people who have recurrent or chronic bursitis. High-frequency sound waves are used to create heat deep in the muscle tissue, alleviating pain and reducing swelling and inflammation. Buy Viagra
- Medications, Injections for Treatment for Hip Pain – Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, commonly referred to as NSAIDs, are some of the most frequently prescribed medications, especially for patients with hip pain caused by problems such as arthritis, bursitis, and tendinitis.
- Cortisone Injection – Injections of cortisone medication into the swollen area can reduce inflammation and thus reduce pain.
- Hip Joint Injection – Hip joint injections involve injecting medicine directly into the joint. These injections can help diagnose the source of pain, as well as alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Bursa Injection – Injection of a corticosteroid along with a local anesthetic may also be helpful in relieving symptoms of hip bursitis, a condition which affects the bursa, a fluid-filled sac inside the joint. This is a simple and effective treatment that can be done in the doctor’s office. It involves a single injection into the bursa. The injection typically provides permanent relief. If pain and inflammation return, another injection or two, given a few months apart, may be needed.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Hip Pain – Acupuncture involves the placement of hair-thin needles into your skin at specific places on your body. We utilize acupuncture as a natural and very effective pain management resource. Acupuncture in combination with electrical stimulation or cold laser therapy helps to increase healthy blood flow, reduce pain and inflammation, and promote healing.
- Chiropractic Care for Hip Pain – Chiropractic treatments will involve stretching techniques to soothe tight and tender muscles, as well as gentle mobilization techniques and manipulation of the affected hip joints. The use of ultrasound can help to alleviate inflammation and reduce pain.
We work to make sure that our patients have full range of motion of their hips to perform their daily activities, pain free!