What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a pervasive and painful condition that impacts all areas of a person’s life. Symptoms range from extreme physical discomfort to anxiety, depression, and distress. We help to reduce the painful symptoms associated with flare-ups, while simultaneously promoting natural healing to diminish their frequency. Our integrated approach to medicine addresses the physical symptoms, and supports stress and anxiety reduction.
We work hard to fully understand and properly address the unique ways in which fibromyalgia affects you. Our experienced therapists develop a personalized plan based on your specific healing needs to help you return to the activities you enjoy, free of pain!
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
We effectively treat the following symptoms:
- Widespread pain and increased sensitivity
- Morning stiffness
- Vision problems
- Sleep disorders
- Urinary and pelvic problems
- Weight gain
- Chronic headaches
- Cold symptoms
- Temperomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndromes
- Skin complaints
- Chest symptoms
- Cognitive or memory impairment
- Anxiety, depression, and despair
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Muscle twitches and weakness
It is important to start treatment early. If you suffer from fibromyalgia, or have begun to experience symptoms, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor.
Fibromyalgia Treatment Methods at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Fibromyalgia – Physical therapy is a very effective treatment aimed at helping patients restore, recover, maintain, or improve their physical functionality.
- Flexibility and Strengthening Exercise Programs– We begin with gentle stretching to relieve muscle pain and tightness. We then gradually move from very light movements to more advanced exercises that strengthen the muscles and produce long lasting benefits.
- Manual Therapy – Our skillful manual therapists use a variety of soft tissue mobilization techniques to help increase circulation to the area, release muscle spasms, and stretch soft tissues.
- Medications, Injections and Vitamin Treatment for Fibromyalgia – At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, we use a combination of traditional medications in conjunction with vitamin supplements and nutritional therapies.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications – Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications, commonly referred to as NSAIDs, are some of the most commonly prescribed medications to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- Cortisone and Steroid Injections – We use such items as cortisone and steroids to reduce inflammation and pain, combined with vitamins to naturally stimulate the body’s own healing process.
- Vitamin and Homeopathic Injections – These help reduce inflammation naturally, promote healing, and offer the same effects as other forms of chemical medication without the painful or harmful side effects.
- Nutritional Consulting – Nutritional consulting proves to be one of the most important components of fibromyalgia treatment. Our nutritional experts use very effective supplements that are made specifically for fibromyalgia. We get our supplements from some of the best companies in the US.
- Trigger Point Injection Therapy – Trigger points, or knots, develop in the muscles of fibromyalgia patients throughout the body. Inserting a local anesthetic into the trigger point provides a great deal of pain relief, and helps our patients to feel more relaxed and comfortable.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Fibromyalgia – Acupuncture involves the placement of hair-thin needles into your skin at specific places on your body where blockages along energy pathways, called meridians, are causing pain. Acupuncture in combination with electrical stimulation or cold laser therapy helps to increase healthy blood flow, reduce pain and inflammation, and promote healing.
- Chiropractic Care for Fibromyalgia – Chiropractic care is an extremely effective hands-on approach to the healing of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractor is able to safely use gentle mobilization to restore proper alignment, addressing the root cause of the symptomatic pain.
We work with our patients to eliminate the pain and discomfort of fibromyalgia, so they can once again resume their daily activities free of pain!