Symptoms of Elbow Pain
Elbow pain is usually described as a burning sensation over the bone at the side of the elbow. We effectively treat the following symptoms of elbow pain:
- Inability to carry objects or use the arm
- Injury that causes deformity of the joint
- Elbow pain that occurs at night or while resting
- Elbow pain that persists beyond a few days
- Inability to straighten or flex the arm
- Swelling or significant bruising around the joint or arm
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth
If you suffer from elbow pain, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. It is important to start treatment early.
Elbow Pain Treatment Methods at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Elbow Pain – Global Pain & Spine Clinic physicians are skilled in techniques necessary to restore normal range of motion to your elbow and build muscle strength and endurance. Exercises such as stretching, strengthening and increasing your endurance are vital to your recovery.
- Ice and Heat Application – Ice packs and heat pads are among the most commonly used treatments for elbow pain.
- Stretching – Stretching the muscles and tendons that surround the joint can help with some causes of elbow pain.
- Manual Therapy – Techniques such as manual therapy and soft tissue mobilization help to minimize pain while increasing muscle flexibility and relaxation of the elbow.
- Medications, Injections and Vitamin Treatment for Elbow Pain – We use such items as cortisone and steroids to treat inflammation combined with natural vitamins to naturally stimulate the body’s own healing process.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication – Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications, commonly referred to as NSAIDs, are some of the most commonly prescribed medications, especially for patients with elbow pain caused by problems such as arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis or steroids.
- Cortisone Injections – Cortisone is a powerful medication that treats inflammation, which is a common problem in patients with elbow pain.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Elbow Pain – Acupuncture involves the placement of hair-thin needles into your skin at specific places on your body. We utilize acupuncture as a natural and very effective pain management resource. Acupuncture in combination with electrical stimulation or cold laser therapy helps to increase healthy blood flow, reduce pain and inflammation, and promote healing.
We work with our patients to restore health and mobility to their elbows, so they can once again resume their daily activities free of pain!