What is Chiropractic Care at Global Pain & Spine Clinic?
At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, chiropractic care means more than basic spinal adjustment. Our chiropractor is an expert in numerous treatment protocols that address a broad range of spinal disorders. Through experience and extensive studies of chiropractic and manual techniques used by leading practitioners in USA and Europe, our chiropractor specializes in unique, safe and effective spinal mobilization methods.
- Our chiropractor specializes in back and neck related conditions. The chiropractic care we use is very safe and used only to treat spinal related disorders. Our chiropractic doctor is an expert on back and neck treatment using his extensive experience to help patients of all age groups.
- Chiropractic care as is just one of the tools we use, a piece of the puzzle in our multi-disciplinary approach. Only the patients that need and want chiropractic adjustments receive them as a part of their treatment course in combination with physical therapy, manual therapy, acupuncture, pain management, and a variety of other highly effective treatment methods.
- For example, our chiropractor aligns the vertebra of the spine and neck to promote proper alignment and healing, and physical therapy exercises help strengthen the spine and the surrounding muscles to ensure that our patient can maintain proper alignment and its associated healing
- Before spinal adjustment, one of our manual therapy experts uses special techniques designed to loosen and prepare the spinal muscles and ligaments for adjustment. By doing so, we make sure the back is ready for our chiropractor to safely utilize the most efficient adjustment method.
What conditions are treated effectively with chiropractic care at Global Pain & Spine Clinic?
Chiropractic has been shown to effectively treat many medical conditions related to the musculoskeletal system, especially improper alignment of spinal column vertebrae, and other neck or hip related injuries. At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, we develop a personalized regimen specifically for you to reduce pain, and to increase range of motion, strength and mobility. Our chiropractor has had great success in using a combination of manual therapy and adjustments to effectively relieve pain, inflammation, and spasms associated with many spine related conditions.
It is important to start treatment early. If you have one of the many conditions that is effectively treated by chiropractic care, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. If this is your first visit, please visit our new patient center for information.
Some conditions that we effectively treat include:
- Back Pain is described as pain or discomfort felt in the upper, middle or lower back, or by those who suffer from it, as one of the most agonizing experiences they have ever had. Because the back is central to our mobility, those who suffer from back pain are often immobilized, or greatly affected in everything they do because of the pain. Spinal manipulation, the primary form of treatment performed by doctors of chiropractic, is a recommended option for back pain treatment in conjunction with manual and physical therapy, and other supporting modalities for pain and inflammation management. Once we have eliminated your pain, using anti-inflammatory and pain management medications, as well as holistic treatments such as acupuncture, our experienced manual therapists prepare the back for chiropractic alignment using special techniques to stretch and loosen muscles and ligaments surrounding the vertebrae. Our chiropractor is then able to safely manipulate the vertebrae into their proper alignment, addressing the root cause of the symptomatic pain. Concurrently, our physical therapists work with you to create an individualized strengthening program to ensure that the properly aligned vertebrae are held in place to prevent future recurrence of injury and pain, allowing you to return to the many activities you enjoy!
- Disc Degeneration disturbs the mechanics of the spine disrupting natural motion and shock absorbing qualities. Our care providers find that disc degeneration responds well to chiropractic therapy, with typical results including increased range of motion, reduced inflammation and relief from pain.
- Fibromyalgia Pain causes stiffness and soreness that can be relieved through chiropractic treatments that build strength and improve range of motion. Our chiropractor helps you to achieve proper posture, which allows efficient muscle function, thereby decreasing fatigue and pain. We also combine stretching exercises to improve muscle flexibility with relaxation exercises to help reduce muscle tension.
- Herniated Disc is a disc that has bulged, causing a slight, temporary displacement injury to the spinal nerve. This painful condition is successfully treatable with chiropractic care. At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, we work with you to stabilize the disk and decrease pain and inflammation. We then gradually build your range of motion, flexibility and help you regain your pre-injury strength and mobility.
- Hip Pain can arise from the structures that are within the hip joint or from structures surrounding the hip. Illnesses such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, viral or bacterial infections, and overuse can all contribute to inflamed tissues in and around the hip causing pain. Our chiropractor uses stretching techniques to loosen tight and tender muscles, gentle mobilization and manipulation of the effected joints, and ultrasound or interferential modalities to relax knots. Our treatments will help you regain your normal mobility, free from pain.
- Neck Pain can come from a number of disorders and diseases of any tissues in the neck such as degenerative disc disease, neck strain, whiplash, a herniated disc, or a pinched nerve. Chiropractic neck adjustments, called cervical manipulation, loosen up the joints of the cervical vertebrae in the neck, reducing pain caused by pinched nerves and muscle spasms. Our chiropractors use their hands to manipulate the vertebrae back into alignment, thus relieving your pain and discomfort.
- Sciatica is caused by irritation to one of the large nerves in the legs and thighs. Sciatica causes pain around the hip and thigh region. Chiropractic care successfully reduces inflammation through hot and cold therapies, spinal manipulation and ultrasound treatments. Our patients experience increased strength, functionality and relief from their pain.
- Spinal Stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal and/or the areas where the nerves exit the spine, results in inflammation and pain. Chiropractic care that includes spinal manipulation, manual therapy, therapeutic exercises and stress and lifestyle recommendations are all part of your individualized treatment plan. We have had great success in helping reduce our patientsâ pain, allowing them greater mobility.
- Spondylolisthesis is a medical condition wherein one of the vertebrae of the spine shifts forward or backward and onto the bone below it, causing pain and affecting range of motion. Our chiropractic therapy increases range of motion, and reduces the inflammation and pain associated with spondylolisthesis.
Chiropractic Care for Auto Accident Injury, Sports Injury & Work Injury at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Auto Accident Injury – The chiropractic approach to automobile accident related injuries is to use specific chiropractic adjustments to help realign the back, spine, and other related systems to return them to their proper level of functioning. After our specialists conduct a thorough case history and examination of your unique condition, we provide you with the care you need to quickly return to the activities you enjoy!
- Sports Injuries – Sports injuries are not uncommon and can be either acute (sprains, fractures, tears, etc.) or chronic (tendinitis, overuse, etc.)Our chiropractor and other experienced care workers work directly with your spine, joints, and muscles to relieve your pain, and increase your range of motion, strength, and stability.
- Work Injury – If you are injured at work, come see us at Global Pain & Spine Clinic. We have been successfully treating Workman’s Compensation cases and we are an approved Workman’s Compensation provider. Our physical therapist will create a treatment plan that is custom-designed to treat your condition and circumstances, and we will help ensure that you receive proper compensation by working with legal and financial representatives on your behalf. Specific exercise and training similar to your on the job activities may be incorporated.