The traditional Chinese pain management therapy of acupuncture has found widespread favor also in the Western countries. In fact, there is an ever-increasing number of people who are shying away from prescription drugs and invasive surgical procedures to embrace acupuncture. And for good reasons too, because the everyday benefits of acupuncture actually go much beyond than just relieving pain. As has been conclusively proven by multiple scientific studies, the everyday benefits of acupuncture provide relief from a host of physical and psychological conditions and enable an individual lead a more productive and satisfying life.The following are, in a nutshell, the everyday benefits of acupuncture:
• The oft-cited everyday benefits of acupuncture definitely include its ability to treat a host of acute and chronic pain conditions. At Global Pain and Spine Clinic, our immensely experienced and highly trained acupuncture therapists can successfully treat pain in the back, knee, hip, wrist, shoulder, and neck areas and conditions like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, osteoporosis, neuropathy, disc degeneration, herniated disc, sciatica, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis.
• From the ability of acupuncture to effectively treat many kinds of chronic and acute pain stems another benefit of this pain management therapy. Acupuncture does away with the need to take in pain killers for the afore-mentioned conditions and reduces the chances of drug dependence.
• Another appealing of all everyday benefits of acupuncture is that the therapy boosts the immune system. You are thus better able to fend off common infections like cold and flu and even if you are ill, acupuncture increases your chances making a quick and complete recovery.
• Acupuncture is known to remove the blockages in the vital energy pathways of our body. Thus the everyday benefits of acupuncture also include boosting the energy levels so that you are able to lead a more active and fruitful life.
• Acupuncture can promote a sense of well-being that in turn, provides emotional balance and helps treat psychological conditions like anxiety, depression, eating disorders, low self-esteem, and various phobias.