Symptoms of Back Pain
Sufferers of back pain can feel discomfort in nearly any area of the back. We effectively treat the following back pain symptoms:
- Burning sensation in limbs or back
- Tingling or numbness
- Feeling of heaviness or weakness in arms, legs, or lower abdomen
- Extreme pain radiating into limbs
If you are suffering from back pain symptoms, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. It is important to start treatment early.
Back Pain Treatment Methods at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Back Pain â Our physical and manual therapists work with you to create an individualized strengthening program that ensures that the vertebrae are properly aligned and held in place to prevent future recurrence of injury and pain. Our talented team helps you to quickly return to the many activities you enjoy!
- Flexibility and Strengthening Exercise Programs â Our physical therapists slowly progress through a wide variety of exercises without moving beyond your comfort zone. These exercises keep the back muscles flexible and strong while rehabilitation occurs, and are among the main safeguards against future injury.
- Manual Therapy â Our skillful manual therapists use a variety of soft tissue mobilization techniques to help increase circulation to the area, release muscle spasms, and stretch back tissues.
- Medications and Injections for Back Pain â We use such items as cortisone and steroids to reduce inflammation and pain, combined with vitamins to naturally stimulate the bodyâs own healing process.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication â Non-steroidal anti -inflammatory pain medications, commonly referred to as NSAIDs, are some of the most commonly prescribed medications, especially for patients with back pain caused by problems such as arthritis or disc problems.
- Cortisone Injections â If NSAIDs do not provide the desired effect then we can apply a cortisone injection. Cortisone is a powerful medication that treats inflammation, and inflammation is a common cause of back pain.
- Prescription Pain Medication â We may use prescription pain medicine or muscle relaxants temporarily, as we work to help break the pain cycle and reduce inflammation.
- Acupuncture Treatment for Back Pain â Acupuncture involves the placement of hair-thin needles into your skin at specific places on your body where blockages along energy pathways called meridians are causing pain. We utilize acupuncture as a natural and very effective pain management resource. Acupuncture in combination with electrical stimulation or cold laser therapy helps to increase healthy blood flow, reduce pain and inflammation, and promote healing.
- Chiropractic Care for Back Pain â We recommend spinal manipulation, the primary form of treatment performed by doctors of chiropractic, to treat back pain. First, our experienced manual therapists prepare the back for chiropractic alignment using special techniques to stretch and loosen muscles and ligaments surrounding the vertebrae. Our chiropractor is then able to safely manipulate the vertebrae into their proper alignment, addressing the root cause of the symptomatic pain. Many patients can already feel the benefits after the first visit!
- Bracing â In certain situations, a corset or brace is useful to provide additional support to the spine. This support may decrease muscle spasm and pain. We work with some of the best brace companies in the US. It allows us to provide patients with a variety of different bracing options to make sure that they will be able to use the brace in the most effective way.
We work with our patients to restore spine health and mobility, so they can once again resume their daily activities free of pain!