What is Acupuncture at Global Pain & Spine Clinic?
Acupuncture has been used to successfully treat a wide variety of ailments since the 2nd century. At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, our acupuncturists combine this ancient wisdom with our modern health care expertise, to provide minimally obtrusive, highly effective solutions to your health care needs.
Just as the Western medical doctor monitors and removes blockages of the arteries, our acupuncturists assess the flow and distribution of your “vital energy,” removing energetic blockages within its pathways, known as “meridians and channels”. Much like a newly cleared artery restores a system’s blood flow, removing energetic blockages restores your energetic pathways, returning you to a state of health and “energetic balance,” while eliminating a whole gamut of physical and psychological symptoms.
By stimulating certain areas along these “meridians,” our acupuncturists remove the root causes of imbalance, with tremendous results. Traditionally, acupuncturists stimulated these areas called “acupoints” using fine, slender needles. At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, we recognize the benefits of incorporating many additional forms of stimulation such as herbs, electrical stimulation, magnets and lasers, and sound and infrared therapy. While our techniques have become more sophisticated, our aim remains the same: to adjust your “vital energy” to give your body the support it needs during its own healing processes!
Global Pain & Spine Clinic Treatment Plan
At Global Pain & Spine Clinic, we develop a personalized regimen specifically for you that reduces pain, and increases range of motion, strength and mobility through a combination of treatment methods.
Unique to us at the Global Pain & Spine Clinic:
- We believe that for some patients, natural therapy is the best option.
- We use acupuncture in conjunction with herbs and nutritional supplements to ensure the best results.
- Acupuncture is one of our most effective natural pain relieving tools for a variety of musculoskeletal and nerve related conditions.
- We experience great success in treating joints, spine, and nerves, all components of the musculoskeletal system. Our narrow specialization and focus helps us achieve the best results. We are experts in what we do!
- We develop a customized individual treatment plan just for you! We provide a very thorough evaluation in order to create this unique treatment plan, taking into consideration the whole body and not just a particular problem or symptom
- We approach health care from all angles, combining acupuncture with other treatments, such as Physical Therapy, chiropractic, and manual therapy so that your remain pain free and healthy in the long run
About our Facilities at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
Situated in our 10,000 square foot modern, spacious facility, our unique and modern equipment enhances our patient experience, and helps target specific conditions. For example, our clinical Pilates reformer table is amazing for strengthening and stretching exercises.
All of our manual therapies take place in one of our 9 special, cozy, and tranquil treatment rooms, adjacent to our modern exercise floor. These peaceful rooms allow our patients and their muscles to relax, as our one-on-one therapies facilitate your successful recovery.
What conditions are treated effectively with Acupuncture at Global Pain & Spine Clinic?
Using acupuncture, we effectively treat these medical conditions:
- Back Pain is described as pain or discomfort felt in the upper, middle or lower back. Acupuncture, both local (at the site of pain) and distal (away from the area of pain) can be used to help resolve the problem. We specialize in back pain, here at Global, providing you with unique and extremely effective treatments to quickly reduce your pain! We focus on areas directly on the back as well as other points in the system to provide you with fast relief. Other adjuncts we use during treatment might include electrical stimulation of points, magnetic, laser, infrared and sound wave therapy.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition that causes pain, numbness, and tingling in the fingers or hands, particularly the thumb, index, middle, or ring fingers. Our acupuncturists can restore normal nerve functions! This non-surgical, unobtrusive approach provides long-term relief from pain and irritation associated with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Disc Degeneration disturbs the mechanics of the spine, disrupting natural motion and shock absorption. Our acupuncturists have had great success in increasing range of motion, reducing inflammation and providing pain relief for patients suffering from disc degeneration.We begin by creating a unique and personalized treatment plan for you using a combination of therapies including magnetic, laser, infrared, and sound wave treatments.
- Elbow Pain may be caused by overuse, arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, nerve damage, injury, infection or tumor.Our Acupuncturists use a combination of therapies so effective, they relieve pain and restore normal nerve functions. Inflamed tissues, muscles and tendons receive the healing energy they need to function properly.
- Fibromyalgia Pain and stiffness can be relieved through acupuncture treatments that build strength and improve range of motion. Our acupuncturists are experienced in relieving fatigue and anxiety in fibromyalgia patients, reducing pain, and restoring your normal range of motion.
- Herniated Disc and the associated pain are caused by a slight, temporary displacement injury to the spinal nerve. Our acupuncturists help reduce the swelling of the inflamed disc, decreasing your pain and aiding the body in it’s natural healing process. As the pain subsides, we work with you to restore your range of motion, and increase flexibility and strength to prevent future recurrence. In combination with acupuncture, we use such highly effective treatments as magnetic, laser, infrared and sound wave therapies.
- Hip Pain can arise from illnesses such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, from viral or bacterial infections, and from overuse. These factors can all contribute to inflamed tissues in and around the hip causing pain.Our acupuncture therapy effectively relaxes your deeper muscle groups to stop muscle spasms, reduces the pain signals that cause hip pain, and restores your pain free mobility.
- Knee Pain may be caused by conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, ligament instability or an accident. Whether your knee pain is chronic or acute, or the result of a sprain/strain injury, our acupuncturists will create a unique treatment plan just for you. Knee conditions respond very well to acupuncture, and our therapists have produced dramatic reductions in pain and symptoms, as well as improvements in function, stability and range of motion.
- Neck Pain can originate from disorders and diseases of the neck tissue, such as degenerative disc disease, neck strain, whiplash, a herniated disc, or a pinched nerve. We specialize in neck pain, here at Global, providing you with unique and extremely effective treatments that quickly reduce your pain! Oftentimes, neck spasms are the root cause of discomfort. Our experienced acupuncturists relax your muscles and loosen tight knots, providing you with a fast and easy fix. Our patients are surprised and pleased at how soon they experience improved health, increased mobility, and relaxation. To achieve our excellent results, we use a combination of magnetic, laser, infrared and sound wave therapies.
- Neuropathy usually causes pain and numbness in the hands and feet. Our acupuncturists improve blood flow to the affected areas, which reduces inflammation and provides oxygen to the nerves. We are actually able to stimulate and restore proper nerve function! Our patients experience a great reduction in pain, and return to their full range of motion.We find that the use of electrical stimulation in conjunction with needles is very helpful.
- Osteoporosis is a disease that causes bones to weaken, become brittle and more easily breakable. Acupuncture balances hormonal functions in the adrenal and parathyroid glands to slow down the rate of bone loss. Our acupuncturists also improve digestion and absorption of protein, vitamin D, and calcium, assisting the body to rebuild bone, and retard or even halt bone loss!
- Sciatica is caused by irritation to one of the large nerves in the legs and thighs. Sciatica can be very painful, especially around the hip and thigh region. Our acupuncturists relieve muscle spasms, help to reduce nerve inflammation, reduce pain, and promote healing. You will have a better and pain free range of motion in no time!
- Shoulder Pain may be felt in the neck and down the arm in addition to the shoulder. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint, making it more prone to painful injury that can limit mobility. Our acupuncturists focus to release muscle tightness in the neck and shoulder muscles. In doing so, they reduce pain, which will help you increase your range of motion, and improve overall functionality. Low-frequency electric acupuncture treatment may also be utilized in certain cases.
- Spinal Stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal and/or the areas surrounding the spinal nerves, resulting in inflammation and pain. Our skilled acupuncturists improve blood flow to the affected area, reduce inflammation, provide oxygen to the nerves, and stimulate proper nerve functioning! Not only will we relieve your pain, but we also help the body to heal itself.
- Spondylolisthesis is a medical condition wherein one of the vertebrae of the spine shifts forward or backward onto the bone below it causing pain and impeding range of motion. Our acupuncturists are able to increase your range of motion, and reduce the inflammation and pain associated with spondylolisthesis, using a combination or treatments specifically designed for you!
- Wrist Pain may result from damage to any of the parts of your wrist, and the associated pain can affect your ability to use your wrist and hand.Our acupuncturists focus on increasing the blood flow throughout your wrist to restore needed energy to this area. We our have great success in relieving your pain and restoring your range of motion.
Acupuncture Therapy for Auto Accident Injury, Sports Injury & Work Injury at Global Pain & Spine Clinic
- Auto Accident Injury – Our patients recovering from auto accident related injuries greatly benefit from our use acupuncture. Acupuncture decreases pain, decreases inflammation, promotes healing and regulates the immune and endocrine systems.
- Sports Injuries – Sports injuries are not uncommon and can be either acute (sprains, fractures, tears, etc.) or chronic (tendinitis, overuse, etc.). Our experienced acupuncturists effectively treat sports injuries by reducing pain, increasing range of motion, increasing recovery and healing time and strengthening weakened parts of the body.
- Work Injury – If you are injured at work, come see us at Global Pain & Spine Clinic. We have been successfully treating Workman’s Compensation cases and we are an approved Workman’s Compensation provider. Our acupuncturist will create a treatment plan that is custom-designed to treat your condition and circumstances, and we will help ensure that you receive proper compensation by working with legal and financial representatives on your behalf. Specific exercise and training similar to your on the job activities may be incorporated.
It is important to start treatment early. If you suffer from any of the above medical conditions or have suffered an injury in an auto accident, sports or work injury, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor. Please visit our new patient center for information on your first visit.